On completion of this module the candidate will be able to:
- Understand concepts relating to personal data and its protection.
- Understand the rationale, objectives, and scope of the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Outline the key principles of the GDPR relating to the lawful processing of personal data.
- Understand the rights of data subjects and how they are upheld.
- Understand that company policies and methods should comply with data protection regulations, and outline key technical and organisational measures to achieve this.
- Understand how to respond to data breaches and the consequences of not complying with data.
What are the benefits of this module?
- Covers the key skills needed to understand and use data protection application.
- Certifies best practice in effective use of data protection.
- The standardized syllabus is vendor independent, allowing the skills to be applied to a wide range of both free and paid data protection software.
- Developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts, and practising computer professionals from all over the world. This process ensures the relevance and range of module content.
The Syllabus sets out the specific knowledge and skills that make up this module, as informed by input from subject matter experts from a wide range of computer societies and organisations.