On completion of this module the candidate will be able to:
- Understand key web concepts and terms.
- Know about the basic principles of HTML and use common HTML mark-up tags to modify the layout of a web page.
- Identify and use the different functions of a web authoring application to design and format web pages, format text, and work with hyperlinks and tables.
- Recognise and use common web image formats and create forms in a web page.
- Understand and apply CSS to a website to enable formatting of text, images and other elements
- Understand how to publish a site and trouble shoot issues
What are the benefits of this module?
- Covers the key skills needed to understand and use web-editing applications
- The standardized syllabus is vendor independent, allowing for the skills to be applied to a wide range of both free and paid web editing software
- Certifies best practice in effective web editing software use
- Developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts, and practicing computer professionals from all over the world. This process ensures the relevance and range of the module content.
The Syllabus sets out the specific knowledge and skills that make up this module, as informed by input from subject matter experts from a wide range of computer societies and organisations.
Download the Web Editing Module Syllabus (PDF)