COMPUTER AND ONLINE ESSENTIALS
On completion of this module the candidate will be able to:
- Understand key concepts and carry out key activities relating to hardware and software.
- Manage files and folders, store data, and manage applications.
- Understand network concepts, and connect to a network.
- Find and manage online information effectively, and manage browser settings.
- Understand considerations relating to the effective use of common communication tools.
- Send, receive, and manage emails, and use calendars.
- Understand potential threats and ways to protect computers, devices, and data.
- Recognise considerations relating to safety, well-being, accessibility, and the environment.
What are the benefits of this module?
- Presents the key underlying concepts around computers, communication, and security and safety.
- Covers practical skills relating to settings, file management, online activities, and communication, including email.
- Created with input from subject matter experts and practitioners.
The Syllabus sets out the specific knowledge and skills that make up this module, as informed by input from subject matter experts from a wide range of computer societies and organisations.
Download the Computer and Online Essentials Module Syllabus (PDF)