CYBER SECURITY VER 2.0
On completion of this module the candidate will be able to:
- Understand online risk, and basic security concepts, including data threats, the value of information, personal security, and file security
- Know what Malware is, recognise types of malware, understand how to stay protected against malware, and methods to remove malware
- Understand the basics of network security, including networks and connections, and wireless security
- Undertake information access control through various methods, and manage passwords effectively
- Use the web securely through browser settings, and adopting browsing best practices
- Secure communications channels such as Email, Social Networking, VoIP, Instant Messaging, and Mobile
- Implement secure data management practices, including securing and backing up data, and securely deleting/destroying data
- Understand common threats to citizens' security, including Online Addiction, and Online Radicalisation
- Know what the vital components of a Cyber Security policy are
What are the benefits of this module?
- Covers the key information and skills needed to stay secure and keep information safe from miscreants online
- Can be applied in various personal and professional scenario where Cyber Security is essential.
- Certifies best practice in Cyber Security
- Developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts, and practising computer professionals from all over the world. This process ensures the relevance and range of module content
The Syllabus sets out the specific knowledge and skills that make up this module, as informed by input from subject matter experts from a wide range of computer societies and organisations.
Download the Cyber Security Module Syllabus (PDF)